Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Nov-22: First-Time K-Hound Christine Newman

New Jersey K-Hounds Joe Kratovil and Paul Shapiro were my inspiration and motivation for attempting this goal.  We rode thousands of Km together and they were constantly encouraging me to go for it.  If it weren’t for their conviction that I could ride this much, I doubt I would have tried.  We had a little celebration lunch at the finish.  My wife, Eileen Bruns, and Joe’s wife, Lucy, joined us as well.  ...  Christine Newman 

  • First-time K-Hound:  Christine Newman (RUSA #2861) 
  • Date:  November 22, 2014 
  • Where:  Capitol City 109k perm-pop (route #1989), K-Hound-moment 63-kms into the ride (i.e., on Washington St just outside Princeton University) 
  •  Ride partners:  Paul Shapiro and Joe Kratovil (2/3 of the prior NJ K-Hounds) 

L to R : Paul Shapiro, Joe Kratovil, Christine Newman.  Photo at the finish in Hopewell, NJ [by Eileen Bruns]. 
Action photo, perhaps taken on Washington St. outside Princeton.  [Photo by Joe or Paul ?]

Congratulations, Christine!  Welcome to the Klub.

No comments:

Post a Comment