Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Oct-19: First-Time K-Hound Phil MacFarlane

"I got to 10K the morning of Sunday, October 19th. I was riding the San Diego Santee 400 at the time with Greg Armstrong (RUSA 9865).  We met on the ride.  
"I got all 10,024-kms riding brevets; I have yet to ride a perm.  This ride also represents the completion of six SR series this year (with the substitution of my 3CR 1200 for one missing 400).  Its been a great second year of Randonneuring, but I wont be riding six series again anytime soon!"  ...  Phil MacFarlane
First-time K-Hound:  Phil MacFarlane (RUSA #8400)
Date:  October 19, 2014  [Note;  official date of the ride is Oct-18.] 
Where:  San Diego Santee 400, K-Hound-moment 24-kms before the finish.
Ride partner: 
Greg Armstrong.  
The "moment" occurred as we were descending a dark, fast highway with no one else around.  My wife, Joann MacFarlane, took the picture at the finish 24k later, at 04:15 (the time on the camera is wrong).  L to R:  Greg Armstrong, Phil MacFarlane.  [Phil and Greg met during the ride!  Gotta' like that!] 
Congratulations, Phil!  Welcome to the Klub.  

No comments:

Post a Comment